heb: a lesson
I've been meaning to tell this for some time now. Ok, not really all that long since it happened Tuesday, but whatever. After work, I went to HEB to grab some bread and produce. Little did I know that I was about to have one of the more interesting grocery store experiences of my lifetime. It started when I encountered a couple who was purchasing produce. (this is the serious part) They were using a calculator and really struggling with what to purchase - it was obvious that they were on a budget and that they had to carefully decide what they could and couldn't afford. It really made me stop and realize how fortunate and blessed I am. I have never had to stop and think - can I afford this?
Anyway, on to the funny stuff, don't want to get to philosophical and funny on you.
2 aisles later I encountered perhaps the most disturbingly bizarre thing I have seen in quite a while. Enter, around the corner, approximately 43 year old woman pushing a cart. (what's so disturbing about that, right?) Well let me tell you. In this cart was an, oh, 12 year old girl. Not in the big basket part, not in the little under part, but in the child seat. The girl was looking eye to eye, maybe 12 inches away from her mother as they shopped. WEIRD!!
And then came the self check out, where these BIMBO college women were. Apparently they missed the 20 item limit because they were there with a basket FULL of stuff. They couldn't figure out how to work anything. The poor woman working the counter was about to go insane. I was about to wet my pants from suppressing laughter.
To top the whole experience off I got home, opened the back of the mini-van, grabbed a couple of sacks and the small watermelon I purchased and then proceeded to drop it, splitting it wide open as it poured it's sweet juiciness all over the concrete. it was frustrating, it was sad, it was FUNNY!
that's all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home