4.08.2005

Stephen and My parents, and Micah - what a GREAT day!

Today was awesome! After two fantastic nights of 42nd Street, by far one of my favorite OPAS shows to date, it was nice to wind up the week so excellently. First I had lunch with my friend Stephen, the thirty-something year old who taught my Sunday School class last year who's become a sort of accountability partner/mentor to me. (on a side note I would just like to say what a HUGE blessing that working with and getting to know some older guys in the church has been for me! We don't do nearly enough of that!) Anyway, Stephen is starting a ministry at Central for men. I'm really excited about getting in on the ground level with that and helping him out. There is much to be done here, and I can't wait to see how God's going to use the work that he and hopefully soon, I, will be doing. I LOVE IT! I am so lucky and grateful for the opportunities that God continues to open for me to serve and use my talents and gifts.

You know, along those lines, I've been struggling a lot lately with where God wants me to be. I definitely know that I am supposed to be here for at least another year. But I have to say that I really feel like God may be calling me into some sort of theater ministry. Whoa...it's kind of scary to write that down. I have thought about this for many years, but I've been so distracted and entagled in sin that it's been quite some time since I have done so. But after working with pageant, and even tonight - as I was talking about that with my parents and Micah, I got super excited and empassioned. I really feel like this may be a way that I can impact my surroundings for Christ. Whether that be now, and here, or whether it be bigger and somewhere else, I don't know...but I really feel like it may be something that I'm going to seriously consider. I just don't have the heart for teaching anymore...it's a wonderful and noble profession, but I'm not at all sure that it's for me. I'll keep you posted on what's going on here.

My parents are in town for Parent's Weekend. We had a lot of fun hanging out with the OPAS Gang in the SPO, going to my Who's Who reception this afternoon and then eating dinner and hanging out with Micah tonight (who, by the way looks super fly in his new glasses...someone must know how to pick them...*pat myself on the back* LOL!). It's so awesome to have parents who are still married and who care enough to come celebrate and have fun with me. Once again, I am blessed!

I've gotta get some sleep...another busy day tomorrow.

that's all.

1 Comments:

Blogger micah said...

Woo-Hoo, I'm very proud for my new glasses, thanks again! AND your parents are super-cool!!

12 April, 2005 15:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home