7.10.2004

who needs pop-a-lock?

I got home a bit ago from dinner and after logging my points into my weight watchers book, I got out of the car, hitting the lock button as I went. As soon as it was closed, I realized the unthinkable. My keys were locked INSIDE, sitting in the ignition, no less. No problem, I carry an extra key in my wallet for just such an occasion. But big problem - the key wouldn't unlock the door, any of them. I tried both driver and passenger side and then went to the back hatch - and nothing would open. This was so frustrating. I had a key that should've opened a door - at least one of them, yet it wouldn't. I kept trying for 15 minutes and had just about given up, when I decided to try the trunk one last time. I prayed, "God, I really don't have the money to spend on a locksmith right now, please PLEASE let this work." I was already thinking about what I could do for the next three days while my parents mailed me another key, but then I realized that my housekey was inside the car, too. So I went back, crouched down in front of the keyhole and started slowly inserting the key, jiggling and turning as I went. Suddenly, when the key was a little over halfway in, it started to turn! I jiggled it some more and then - *click* that infamous GLORIOUS sound of the lock turning!! I was so excited I almost cried. I climbed through the van, unlocked the doors, said my prayer of thanks and went inside the house.

You know, it's little things like this - a simple lock that needed a bit of external coaxing that remind me that God is here for me in the little things too. All too often I wait until I'm in a major crisis to ask for help. But God wants to be there with me all along. How awesome that we serve a God and creator that loves us so much that he helps us take care of the little details, too. I'm blessed!

that's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home