11.10.2008

apartment life

I was on the toilet when they came trying to bang my door down earlier. Good thing I was already on the toilet. Then I get this frantic call from the woman in the office who checked her compassion and personality at customs when she moved from wherever it is she moved from and tells me that I need to let them in. "Um, ok, I was in the bathroom when they came, I couldn't get to the door" (no answer) "Ok, I'll go let them in." (pregnant pause, then...) "We need a copy of your driver's license." "Excuse me?" "Your license, we need a copy for our files."

Oh, ok, for some reason I thought there was concern about caving-in ceilings, locked doors, maintenance men, etc. No? All right, I'm leaving those guys standing out there then...

GEEZ!

And of course, I stayed up late working last night in lieu of laundry so there is clothing, clean and dirty, strewn all over my apartment. Oh well, I suppose I'll embrace the stereotypical bachelor lifestyle and give the caring office staff a topic of conversation...

Working from home now, fearful to use the bathroom again.

that's all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

LOLOLOLOLOL! I'm going to need the toilet from laughing so hard. While I am sorry that you are now emotionally scarred (again), it makes great comic material! Sometime when you're bored do your "tag" exercise (see my blog) Love you!

Food for thought: Word verification phrase they want me to type is "inablesm", which is supposed to be random but I think we should start using as a real word, as in "inablesm - a phrase in which by placating a person, you enable their bad behavior. i.e. "Oh, it's not THAT bad. You'll get your all your stuff organized someday"

13 November, 2008 21:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home