Much to share...
Wow, the weekend was so incredible. Friday was my birthday - whoop! Andrew and David came into town and Micah and I got to grab dinner with them - it was much fun! I miss seeing those guys more often! Then we went bowling with the clan - I sucked it up big time (as usual) bowling a 42 the first game, and then a much less embarassing 120 something second game. Afterwards we came back to my house for some sweet cake (shout out to Sweet Memories for that), homemade ice cream, chips, dips, fruit and drinks and of course, the highlight of the evening - the outdoor movie night! Ladder 49 sucks - don't waste your time, super cheese, and super sap, and (as if it could be anything else with John Travolta in it) way overacted. But it was cool to see the stars overhead as we watched, and of course to hang out with my buds while making snide remarks on the side (one of my greatest talents). Saturday - I didn't do much, just slept in, worked a bit on my take home essay final and then played some 42 with Jason, his friend and Tommy. Tommy and I totally dominated...the first hand, after that we pretty much sucked it up. Afterwards we had a little water gun filled with diet coke and windex/water hose fight between the two teams. Let's just say it ended up with me behind the wheel of the Le Sabre driving far too fast down Dominik, and then even more scarily fast backwards back the other way to catch the guys. Tommy got Jason, I got away (including from the cop that pulled up behind me a scarily close minute after the backwards run). The really cool thing came later though - because I can totally say that Saturday night was an incredible time in my Spiritual life, and a monumentally important one at that. Dealing again with some habitual sin, God brought me to my knees in brokenness. I had a fantastic talk with my roommate Tommy about things, where I am, where I need and want to be, and where God wants me to be. Afterwards we had a sweet time of prayer and supplication for each other and then I got to read my Bible until the wee hours of the morning after he'd gone to bed. It was awesome. I pray that I will continue to have such a strong passion and desire for digging into God's word. Sunday continued the awesomeness with church, and then Freedom with my graduating buds where we had a chance to pray for each other as we go our separate ways. They also had a time to pray over those of us who are going overseas on mission work this summer. It was so cool to have my friends lift me up like that. I am so grateful for that time. We all went out to eat at Jason's Deli, and managed to make complete jackasses out of ourselves as we sang along to the radio and then morphed into some heart-wrenching renditions of Disney songs. The three elderly couples next to us were convinced we were all music majors - I told them that we weren't but that I felt we'd missed our calling. They said they'd enjoyed watching us whatever the case. I think I bring craziness along with me wherever I go... Sunday night I had three kids actually show up for drama, so we're hopefully doing a skit next Sunday. Sunday night the church prayed over those of us going on mission trips this summer. It was a cool time. We went to eat some Wings 'n' More afterwards...wow, I am blessed, and no wonder I'm tired!
that's all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home