1.07.2006

I FOUND MY AGGIE RING!!!!!!!!

Ok, so this post supercedes the other blog posting I was trying to catch up on! FOr those of you who have been concerned about the naked state of my ring fingers, your concerns can be squelched. The right hand is no longer bare, though the application and interviewing process for left hand ring candidates are still being accepted until further notice. Tonight, after my Mom and I watched Madagascar, which by the way was good, but not as good as I'd heard, I stuck my hand down beside me where I was laying on our lovely 1970's plaid brown, white, black and orange tweed couch, expecting to find the DVD player remote. Much to my surprise and utter excitement and joy, I found instead my missing Aggie Ring. I "lost" it last Spring Break while I was home. I'd written it off as being gone for good and resigned myself to a life without one since I certainly do not have the $500 to replace it. I assumed it was lost in the depths of the wichita falls mall, or the depths of a wichita falls pawn shop after I'd allegedly lost it while clothes shopping while visiting my sister. Apparently I just fell asleep on the couch over spring break and my already too loose ring fell off. I always had a doubt in my mind that Wichita Falls was indeed the final resting place of my beloved ring, but time had seemed to erase all hope of its rediscovery. And then my faith in mankind and humanity was restored, my investment and all the memories wrapped up with it have been reclaimed, and I am once again a complete Aggie and one very happy man. I feel like I just found my first born child. The moral to this story is multi-fold, but simple. First, the Lee household should be kept cleaner. 2nd, missing rings can show up in the most unlikeliest of places. And 3rd, couches are evil possession sucking entities that must be put to a stop; watch out for your children, your jewelry, your cell phones, loose change, and anything else put in close proximity to their hungrily waiting and seemingly "cushy" jaws. Sneaky doesn't even begin to describe their actions. (You should always check the couches at Sweet Eugenes and similar establishments, too. One time I found about $7.00 in change in the cushions of the couched there - SEE, I TOLD YOU!!)

that's all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I feel ya. Once I lost a gift card my brother gave me for Christmas underneath a couch. And the secret almost got out this year. Glad to hear you're once again bling blingin'

09 January, 2006 18:34  
Blogger hannah christine said...

Congrats on finding the ring Eric!!! :) that's so exciting.

17 January, 2006 21:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang on to your Aggie Ring. It means more to you the longer you wear it. No other symbol is so recognizable around the world for Aggies.

26 January, 2006 23:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe it!!!

05 February, 2006 14:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home