12.22.2006

gutenTAG...freeze TAG...clothes TAG...anyway you slice it, it's a TAG

Micah got me...I haven't been tagged in ages, though when I was little I usually got tagged first. Such was the fate of the fat, slow kid. The game: I tell you five deep dark secrets about myself that you in theory are not supposed to know, then I select five people who read my blog. They are the required to reciprocate (and if they don't they'll experience 5 years of bad luck...no, wait, that was the chain letter I got). Just do the same, people, if you even read this crazy thing.

That being said, I feel it now appropriate to discuss the pitfalls of being a very open and, shall we say, loquacious, individual. You see, there are not many secrets that most (if any of you) don't already know about me. You all know that I long to be a professional actor (particularly on Broadway), that I love to cook, have aspirations of starting several different businesses including graphic design, party coordination/design, dessert bars, and a pet resort, that I have given mouth-to-nose resusciation to a dwarf hamster and that I have never dated nor kissed. So what the heck is even left? (You like how I managed to throw in all of those other narcissistic comments into this?) Well, I'm digging deep, and here's what I'm coming up with:

1. I am a crier. (Think less Paul Revere and more Oprah episode) In fact, if I am not moved to at least the point of tears, if not the actual thing, during a theatrical event, a book or other piece of literature, a movie, a piece of music, etc. I rarely feel it was worth the time. I am a deeply emotional person and unlike the vast majority of testosterone-laden males I am not ashamed to admit this. I think humans were made to be emotional, and bottling in such things is unhealthy on many levels.

I know what you're thinking...number 1 wasn't very shocking. I'll try better:

2. I, on occasion, may have sniffed a pixy stick or two on a high school band trip. I know, it's stupid, I agree. Hey, at least it wasn't something seriously dangerous or illegal. And boy, you talk about a sugar rush...

3. After reading everyone else's "tag" list, I am wishing I have some sort of rare medical mystery. Alas, a brick wall gash and a horse kick, hardly classify. So, I'll go with something completely unrelated: I am an excellent interpretive reader. I did UIL Prose in high school and am the hit at all the elementary schools. My current favorites to read out loud: James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl and Chocolate Fever by Robert Kimmel Smith.

4. I have, compliments of OPAS, seen 7 orchestra performances, 9 ballets, 10 operas, 13 plays, 18 dance/vocal/percussion "special event type performances, 73 kids shows, 22 Intimate Gatherings and 66 musicals (22 on Broadway in NYC) all since the fall of 2000. AND, I have NO plans of stopping or slowing down. I truly can't get enough of legitimate theater. www.playbill.com - I check it pretty much every day.

5. I have extremely low self esteem. I know it's shocking, but it's true. I am severely self conscious about being overweight and struggle pretty much daily with feeling less than adequate because I don't fit into the typical "male image" of muscled, sports fanatic, beer drinker. As a matter of fact, I've never had alcohol and I pretty much loathe watching any and all sports in person, and ESPECIALLY on TV! Yeah, this whole thing has led to all kinds of issues for me...ask, I'll tell you.

And so, I tag Cassie, Beth, Katie (my sister), and since I have no unadulterated friends: Andrew M. , and Will (who, alas, have both already been tagged, so have it very easy)


This was fun, I may have to do it again soon. But for now...

that's all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe we used to sniff pixy sticks in high school. What a good memory. Hope things are well in good ole College Station.

27 December, 2006 14:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home