well i almost died at the grocery store last night. Some guy came up to me as i was loading my groceries at the Bryan HEB. It seemed he had his two small children with him (conveniently in the back of the truck he gestured towards, which by the way, was missing the back window) and explained that they'd been in an accident on HWY 6 on their way back to Houston. He was short just 7 MEASELY dollars to get a hotel room because they couldn't get back to houston for the night. I told him i didn't have any cash...which, all right, was a lie. I did however offer to get them some food (after all, we were at the grocery store) so he reluctantly agreed after more attempts at convincing. So I asked what he wanted. The list was fairly simple: bread, meat, chips, oh, and mayonnaise. The guy had the nerve to ask for mayo. So I was going to go back in to get the stuff, i honestly was - but they'd closed. So instead I dug through the groceries I'd just bought, with him right over my shoulder. I gave him the loaf of bread i'd just purchased and some string cheese - that was really all I had that would be any help...then got in my car to call my friend who was inside, she and her roommate were just a little bit behind me and I wanted to warn them, and let them know I'd wait to make sure they were ok. As I was doing that he asked some other woman for help - who just blew him off - and then some other guy came out of the store with a couple of bags of groceries. I think they both saw me on the phone - probably thought i was calling the police - and then they got into the pickup (which did have the back window busted out) and drove off really slowly and suspiciously. He probably wrote down my license - I'll be dead by tomorrow. It was all really bizarre, and as much as I wanted to help and believe his story, I don't give out money to people like that...they'll spend it on drugs, alcohol, or sex.
It's sad that as a society, first of all, we would lie about such things to try to take advantage of people. And secondly, that we cannot trust people enough to believe them and offer them help. It's times like this, like the times I've fallen into sin and temptation for the 500th time, that I just look towards Heaven and say "can't you just go ahead and come back?" The world is so broken. I am so broken, and I long for that day.
that's all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home