Italy?! I thought you were in AUSTRIA!?
Greetings from Lignano Italy!
I got here Tuesday and will stay a week visiting with Fredy and his family. Nothing like having a Texan invade your family vacation - ha! Jesus Camp was last week. It was a great time of fellowship and growth for our youth group from Steyr! Adrienne and I even got to teach a theater workshop two days, we had fun with that. I also did a little skit with 3 of our youth for the talent show, we performed the infamous "Laughing song". Also, mark it down, because I slept a week in a tent in the pouring rain, no less - it was a "growing experience" to say the least. I am thankful to be here where it is hot and sunny, even if I am sweating now and still sleeping in a tent, but I would not have traded my time at Jesus Camp for anything. I think I got a sunburn on the beach yesterday - ok, I did get a sunburn. I must say that I have never seen so many people in inappropriate swimwear in my life. I just look the other way and try not to throw up. The 150 year old woman in the bikini this morning takes the prize.
It is hard to believe that my time in Austria is coming to an end. It seems like I just arrived. Please pray that I will continue to make an impact here with all that I meet and come into contact with. There is still so much to be done for Christ before and even after I leave. Pray too for Fredys mom. Over dinner last night she asked me lots of questions about how my faith and beliefs are different from Catholicism and the lack of faith that she and the other Austrian people experience. God has clearly planted an interest and curiosity in her heart about him and I pray that I can show Him to her in a real way, even despite the language barrier. In the words of Fredy, "I think God brought you to Italy so you could talk to my mother." I pray that he is right and that I will be abnle to carry out that mission effectively. Pray too for the rest of my team, for the group from Rockwall that will come at the end of next week, and for continued spiritual growth and maturity in my life. I do not want to come back the same person that I was when I left. Pray that I will do all that God wants me to do her and that I will continue to utilize the gifts he has given me to bring him glory! Finally, pray for my time with Fredy, that I can help him grow and mature, and show him Gods love as I grow myself in the process.
that's all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home